September 14, 2018
Job Posting – Indigenous Aerospace Liaison Position
Indigenous Aerospace Liaison Position
Manitoba Aerospace is seeking the talents of a highly motivated Indigenous person to fill the position of Indigenous Aerospace Liaison. This is a challenging role that requires a passionate, energetic and highly committed individual. Working in partnership with Centre for Aboriginal Human Resource Development, this position will be responsible for program coordination (new hires), providing supports to program participants/new hires as well as partner companies. This position will also provide outreach/awareness to the Indigenous community.
Manitoba Aerospace is a not for profit organization that seeks to meet the educational and training needs of Manitoba’s aerospace industry. Manitoba Aerospace recognizes that the Indigenous community is a resource to help address the demand for qualified workers for the aerospace industry. As a result, and acting for approximately 20 aerospace-related companies, including Boeing Canada Technologies, Magellan Aerospace Ltd. and StandardAero, Manitoba Aerospace facilitates the provision of high-quality training programs for both existing employees and new hires.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Education, Adult Education, or Social Work; certification in Human Resource Management, Life Skills Coaching, or a relevant combination of education and experience will be considered.
- A background in the aerospace or manufacturing sector would be a real asset. The incumbent will be familiar with the urban Indigenous community and have a good knowledge of community resources and support programs; and possess strong presentation skills. Excellent written and oral communication skills are vital.
- A practical knowledge of Microsoft Office is required. A current driver’s license and access to a vehicle are required. Manitoba Aerospace offers a competitive salary and a good benefits package.
Working under the direction of the Director of Special Program, Manitoba Aerospace and in conjunction with the Director of Education and Training, CAHRD, the Indigenous Aerospace Liaison is responsible for the following:
- Development and implementation of recruitment strategies.
- Providing retention and support services to Indigenous trainees/employees. This includes regular visits to the training facility and/or workplace. A flexible schedule is required so you must be available to work occasional evenings and/or weekends.
- Providing personal and development supports to trainees to ensure successful program completion.
- Responding to the needs and requests from the companies involved with the Indigenous New Hires trainees/employees.
- Raising awareness of the aerospace industry among the Indigenous community and promoting an
understanding of Indigenous issues among the aerospace industry.
- Keeping the Manitoba Aerospace staff aware of any relevant programs, events or developments within the Indigenous community.
- Working effectively in a cross-cultural setting to ensure that Indigenous employees/participants are treated fairly while ensuring industry standards are maintained.
- Representing the Indigenous community, Manitoba Aerospace, and the aerospace industry in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Special Programs, Manitoba Aerospace.
By October 1, 2018, @ 4:30, please forward a cover letter and resume to: The Selection Committee c/o