Our Up and Coming Courses
Problem Solving – Finding and Correcting Root Causes
31 January 2017; 9 AM – 3 PM; 1000 Waverley Street; Winnipeg
We are faced with the challenge of solving problems all the time. Our problems can be work related, or personal challenges. However, organizations can become “stuck” in their problem solving because they are temporarily “fixing” the same problem over and over instead of solving the root cause of the problem.
This course introduces and provides practical tools for solving problems. These same tools are used by leading global companies including: Airbus, Rolls-Royce, BAE Systems, Jaguar, Land-Rover, and Eurocopter. But you don’t have to be a large organization to customize and scale these leading techniques into a small to medium sized business.
- What is Problem Solving
- Problem Solving Process
- Recognizing Problems
- Determining Root Cause (Root Cause Analysis)
- Considering Solutions
- Making the Decision
- Implementing the Solution
- Tracking Success through Visual Tools
Registration: $285 per person. (Includes lunch). Contact Heidi Abraham, Executive Assistant at email@example.com or call (204) 272-2957.
INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNIQUES – How to Be a World Class Trainer
Feb 7, 14, 15, 21, 2017 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM; 1000 Waverley Street, Winnipeg
Evolution is easier when you have a proven method for developing.
The fact is that world is changing and your business needs to have excellent internal trainers who know how to transfer knowledge and skills effectively, not just recite some material. Putting your most efficient worker on the task of training others doesn’t guarantee you the results. This course builds capabilities of trainers and training teams with practical knowledge, skills, and tools that will enhance your training investment.
* Instructional Technique Theory: Fundamentals; The Trainer; The Student; Putting the Trainer and the Student Together
* Instructional Technique in Practice: Essential Skills; Preparation for Training; Providing Training; Feedback and Follow-Up
Registration: $1,520 per person. (Includes lunch). Contact Heidi Abraham, Executive Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (204) 272-2957
COACHING FOR LEADERSHIP SUCCESS
14 March 2017; 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM; 1000 Waverley Street; Winnipeg
Anyone who is a position where they have responsibility for others, and others report to (are accountable to) them is in a leadership position. The objective of this program is to examine how successful leaders in organizations use performance coaching to their advantage.
- Leadership and Management – The difference, and the link.
- Perception – The process of how leaders make observations, form a perception, and make conclusions regarding the world around them, and the people they lead.
- Perception Errors, and What To Do About Them.
- Employee Performance Gaps – Who owns the situation and what can be done.
- Unwilling Employees – Identifying the characteristics of an unwilling employee and how to deal with them.
- Planning and Providing an Employee Coaching Meeting
- Employee Escape Mechanisms
- Appreciation and Accolades
Registration: $380 per person. (Includes lunch). Contact Heidi Abraham, Executive Assistant at email@example.com or call (204) 272-2957.