Gas Turbine Engine Repair & Overhaul Technician
So you like to take things apart but can you put them back together again? Do you have a sharp eye and a penchant for detail?
Gas Turbine Engine Repair and Overhaul Technicians are responsible for:
- the repair and overhaul of gas turbine engines;
- rebuilding gas turbine engines;
- balancing components and assemblies;
- testing and troubleshooting gas turbine engines;
- inspecting gas turbine engine components and assemblies.
In some companies, the role of the gas turbine engine repair and overhaul technician is broken down into three roles: inspection; disassembly/assembly and; testing. The range of tasks may be divided into multi-level skill-sets depending upon company policies, which would result in graduates being required to perform a portion of the tasks listed, or in some cases, all of them.