Promotion, Branding and Advocacy
Manitoba Aerospace is the voice for Manitoba’s aerospace and defence industries.
Through government relations and public awareness activities, Manitoba Aerospace promotes the capabilities and achievements of Manitoba’s aerospace and defence industries, ensures companies are present and highly visible on the world stage, and positions both industries and their interests as a strategic priority for governments.
Manitoba Aerospace created the Marketing and Communications Committee which oversees the Contrails newsletter, Aerospace Week, all print and social media promotions, events such as member meetings and the AGM. The Committee is responsible for the annual All-Stars Awards Dinner and the Aerospace Golf Tournament, which have raised over $250,000 for the Manitoba Aerospace Student Endowment Fund.
The group is made up of marketing and communications professionals from the aerospace industry:
- Karleigh Danowski, Magellan Aerospace, Committee Chair
- Nick Bevilacqua, Boeing
- Amanda Extence-Robinson, StandardAero
- April Scrapneck, StandardAero
- Wendell Wiebe, Manitoba Aerospace
- Barbara Bowen, Manitoba Aerospace
- Ellice Gan, Manitoba Aerospace
- Terry Trupp (retired – Boeing)
- Ken Webb (retired)