January 1, 2014
CARIC Regional Director Job Posting
Regional Director – Consortium for Aerospace Research and Innovation Canada (CARIC)
The Manitoba Aerospace Association has a requirement for the services of a technical research and business development specialist to facilitate aerospace research and innovation projects. This is a renewable contract opportunity dependent upon continued funding from CARIC and Industry Canada.
The Manitoba Aerospace Association (MAA) represents 40 aerospace companies and partners. The Association is a central point of access to Manitoba’s aerospace industry, leading a network for collaboration, growth and worldwide development through business development activities and human resource initiatives.
The Consortium for Aerospace Research and Innovation in Canada (CARIC) is a national network established with Government of Canada financial support. Its mission is to facilitate communications and collaboration among aerospace companies, researchers and academics. CARIC provides financial support for collaborative R&TD projects and creates and supports collaboration initiatives whose primary purpose is to promote responsive, impactful R&D.
As the host agency for the regional CARIC office, the MAA is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic collaborator to serve as the regional CARIC representative and grow the regional network for Manitoba and Saskatchewan. Reporting to the Executive Director of the MAA, the Regional Director is responsible for developing industry focused collaborative R&D projects, supporting the participants through all stages of a project, and growing the network.
Key services to be delivered are:
- Identify, qualify, develop and track execution of collaborative research projects involving industry, academic institutions, SMEs, and research organizations;
- Assist companies in the development and writing of project proposals, budgets, metrics and management plans;
- Mobilize regional aerospace stakeholders and develop the regional network according to CARIC’s national and regional strategies;
- Increase CARIC capacity by leveraging available resources and partnerships and identifying new revenue opportunities;
- Establish relationships with strategic regional partners from industry, academia, research organizations, governments and other associations and networks and identify collaboration opportunities among them;
- Design, maintain and implement the regional strategy in collaboration with the Executive Director and the CARIC Head Office Team;
- Design, develop and deliver regional workshops and events focussed on research and business development;
- Manage all facets of providing regional services, including budgets, project monitoring, event planning, and activity and financial reporting; and
- Be a prominent spokesperson in the region, participate in events across the aerospace community, and develop a positive profile for CARC within the aerospace sector and the community at large
- Proven leadership ability and collaboration experience, particularly in research, project development, partnership development, and team building;
- Knowledge of the aerospace industry locally, regionally, and nationally;
- Knowledge of the regional academic and research infrastructure
- Knowledge of research and development as a strategic business development strategy, especially as it applies to SMEs;
- Strong reputation and network in the aerospace industry, academia, and the research and technology organizations;
- Experience in fund and resource development including identification of funding prospects, grant shaping and collaboration with Federal and provincial research and technology organizations and funding agencies;
- Self-directed and demonstrated ability to work independently;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including proposal development; and
- Post-secondary education; preferably in the applied sciences, aerospace technology, business development or project administration
Please forward your resume or proposal by July 15, 2015 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.