November 24, 2014
May 21, 2015 | 8:00 AM – 1:30 PM | Delta Winnipeg, Campaign A | $50 + GST (includes continental breakfast and membership luncheon)
The Winnipeg Chamber of Commerce, together with our sponsors – The PR House and Manitoba Hydro – invite you to join us for a half-day conference focused on procurement. Last fall, you told us you wanted more opportunities to hear about best practices and how to overcome some of the barriers facing you in your business. This day is for you.
8 a.m. REGISTRATION/NETWORKING/BUFFET BREAKFAST
8:25 a.m. WELCOME/GREETINGS
- Shirley Muir, The PR House
- Greg McNeill, Manitoba Hydro
- Derek Johannson, Carlyle Printers, Service & Supplies (co-chair Chamber Procurement Council)
- Rob Read, Bison Fire Protection (co-chair Chamber Procurement Council)
8:40 a.m. KEYNOTE ADDRESS – Best Practices for Sustainable Procurement and Buying Local
- Donna Dagg, manager of Sustainable Development, Manitoba Liquor and Lotteries
9:00 a.m. TENDERING STEPS for RESPONDING SUCCESSFULLY
- Peter Buscemi, supply chain specialist, Manitoba Hydro
9:30 a.m. PERFECTING THE RFP FROM A PURCHASER’S PERSPECTIVE
- Catherine Green, contracts supervisor, City of Winnipeg
10:00 a.m. QUALIFICATIONS-BASED SELECTION
- Cal Harrison, certified management consultant, Beyond Referrals
10:45 a.m. ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSIONS – What Gets Measured Gets Achieved
Moderator: Dave Angus, president and CEO, The Winnipeg Chamber of Commerce
- What goods/services can’t you purchase here in Manitoba?
- How might we align that need with local supply – collaboration, partnerships, attraction of companies to Winnipeg, mentorship, etc.?
- How can The Chamber help?
11:30 a.m. MEMBERSHIP LUNCHEON – Bill Morrissey, Selling Winnipeg to the World